Thursday, February 26, 2015

Confidence > Arrogance



There are two things I know for sure.

CONFIDENCE IS WHAT GOD EXPECTS FROM US

ARROGANCE IS WHAT GOD OPPOSES IN US

Years ago, a king enjoyed an incredible amount of...well...awesomeness.  And instead of humbly receiving the gift, he took the all of the credit and demanded that others bow to his greatness.


"...as the king was walking on the roof of the royal palace of Babylon, he said, “Is not this the great Babylon I have built as the royal residence, by my mighty power and for the glory of my majesty?” Even as the words were on his lips, a voice came from heaven, “This is what is decreed for you, King Nebuchadnezzar: Your royal authority has been taken from you.  Daniel 4:29-31


The king lost his sanity and was separated from the people.

In the end, this is what the king said:


I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and exalt and glorify the King of heaven, because everything he does is right and all his ways are just. And those who walk in pride he is able to humble.  Daniel 4:37


The line between arrogance and confidence is a thin one.


“God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.”  James 4:6


So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?”  Hebrews 13:6


Below is what I am learning about the two:

Arrogance says, "If I work hard enough I can do this."
Confidence says, "If I develop this gift God had given me, God can do great things."

Arrogance says, "If I don’t win, I’ve failed."
Confidence says, "If I don’t win, God has a better plan."

Arrogance says, "Life is all about God shining a light on me."
Confidence says, "Life is about God shining a light on Himself."

Arrogance is based on what you've done.
Confidence is based on who you are.

Arrogance is based on what others say about you.
Confidence is based on what God says about you.


Don't be afraid to shine your light.  It's who you were created to be.  Don't be shy.  Don't shrink back. Step out of the shadows.  You are a valued treasure of God.  Keep that in your heart...and SHINE ON!






No comments: