Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Talented or Gifted?

Love is what turns your talent into a gift.

If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.  1 Corinthians 13:1-3

There are many impressive things we can do.  Lofty goals we can accomplish.  Noble services we can provide.  But when our motivation is selfish, it is nothing but a talent.  

The world has enough talent shows.  

It needs more gift displays. 

A talent can draw attention, produce applause, and bring fame.

A gift will change a life.  

Talented people ask, "Who will notice and how can I build my brand?'

Gifted people ask, "How can I honor God and build up people?

Talented people are called performers.

Gifted people are called servants.

God has created us all with abilities.  What's in our hearts will determine whether these abilities turn into talents or grow into gifts.

Love is what turns talents into gifts.




No comments: