Monday, March 25, 2013

Not Alone








Sometimes there are no answers.  There is no apparent rhyme or reason.  There is no end in sight.  There is just uncertainty.  Pain.  Fear.

In those moments, we think our greatest need is to understand.  To know.  To see progress.  To be delivered.

But maybe that is not the great need.

Maybe, more than anything, we just need for God to do something that says... I see you.  I know you're there.  I won't leave you alone.

I was praying for answers today.  Instead of giving them, God led me to some Truth that says only, "I see you."  And that's what I needed most.




“...Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord, your God..."
Isaiah 43:1-3




4 comments:

Melissa said...

Great scripture Chad. He is always with us...always.
Thanks for posting. The Holy Week is upon us, we will go through the difficulty, the silence, the death...and then Hallelujah...He is Risen. Hope is awesome.

Boo Boos & Bandaids said...

You are not alone!

Unknown said...

"...sometimes it's right in the middle of our darkness in the middle of our crisis, in the middle of our Plan B struggles that God speaks most clearly.” This quote by Pete Wilson along with what you wrote seems so true...you all are in our prayers...

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful God does not leave us alone. I am also thankful for the times he has put His people with me so that I could feel and see with my human eyes that I am not alone. Just the same as we are not alone, neither are you! We are here for you anytime.
Susongs